Long weekend of VA shows!

Just came off a long weekend of shows in Northern VA - my favorite place! :D

Friday-Saturday was the Rossyln Holiday Market in Arlington:

We had pretty ugly weather outside, so attendance was a little lower than we'd hoped, but it was still worth it to come out.  Definitely will keep this in mind for next year and hope for better weather!  The attendees, staff, and vendors were all so friendly, which just makes those shows so much more enjoyable! Made a friend with Judy next door, who makes homemade natural dog treats: Fuzzy Paws Barkery.  Great products and a great person! :)

Sunday I was at the Charles Houston Rec Center in Alexandria for The Women's Commission of Alexandria's Holiday Market where we donated 20% of our proceeds to their domestic violence and sexual assault programs.



Had to squish onto one table, so the table was a bit busier than I usually like, but as usual I was the only one who seemed to mind that! :)
Met more lovely people from the Del Ray neighborhood I love so much from the Art on the Avenue show I do every year.  This one will be on my list too for next year.

Also found some fantastic food while staying in the Arlington/Alexandria area again.  Cheesetique on Mt. Vernon was delicious and we took some extra cheese to go!  Heavy Seas Tavern was yummy too!!  I always love going to shows around here because I not only know the area is a big advocate for the arts, but the FOOD I get to eat is exceptional!

Thanks to Walter, my right-hand man for sticking it out most of the weekend with me!  Thanks to Rob, MY man (heh), for coming down for a while even though you were working all weekend!!  And thanks to my dad for coming through on Friday when I was in a tough spot!!

Now I begin on a few custom piece orders for Christmas, restocking, and applying for Spring shows!!

Comments

Popular Posts