Art on the Avenue 2013

Well, the last two titles are quite sad when put together, because it means I have not updated in a year.  However, that does not mean I have been slacking in my metalworking.  But I suppose when combined with a full-time job of teaching, blogging becomes harder to maintain!  Nevertheless, as with every post I have made, I have the best intentions on doing a better job updating those of you who read it!

This year's show in Alexandria VA was fantastic!  I had numerous past patrons come up and tell me how pleased they still were with my jewelry and that they had to come see what I had at my table.  Even if they didn't buy anything, (believe me I KNOW how tough money problems are right now, especially around DC) I was very happy to hear feedback like that!

Some pieces that FLEW off my table this year:



 

 
 
 



 
 
 
Birds were crazy popular this year!  I enjoyed making them and I even used a couple birds I had cut that were extra and made small rings!  I still need to photograph the rings, so they should be up on a blog post soon.
 
The chains did pretty well too, there's always a lot of interest in these two patterns especially.

 


 
I was quite surprised, however, at some of my favorite pieces not getting nearly as much attention as I had anticipated.
Most of these did not sell at the show, despite the amount of interest.




 






 
 
I want to thank all of the patrons of the arts that come out to support these shows and the participating craftsmen/women. A big thank you to the community of Del Ray that hosts the show as well, you are fantastic! Art on the Avenue continues to be my favorite show of the year and I hope to be a part of it for many more to come!

Comments

Popular Posts