New Direction

I've decided to take my blog in a new direction. My photographing days are over for the most part, except for fun. So I will be dedicating this blog solely to my metalworks. Not that anyone's listening at the moment. This blog is feeling more like a diary since I'm basically just speaking to myself. But that's fine for now. I need a regime.

I started a shop on Etsy almost a month ago and got my first sale recently. It seems hard to break into that etsy market - so many talented people in the jewelry category and insufficient ways to be found as a seller.... short of spamming yourself (which I refuse to do). So it's a slow climb, and I'll continue. Who knows? I'm already further along than I thought. If it's done anything, it's driven me to create again on a consistent basis. Seeing all that talent makes me realize that I'm capable of a lot more than I've been putting out. Part of that is due to sheer exhaustion coming home from teaching art all day to kids. The other part is making excuses like that and being lazy/unsure. That stops here.

Comments

  1. Hi! I completely understand where you're coming from- the jewelry category in Etsy is tough, but your jewelry is beautiful and it will get noticed! I also understand the blog refocus (and feeling like you're talking to yourself sometimes :-)). I recently re-focused and fine-tuned my blog (and launched a second) and I'm still working out the details. Next up? Launching a new, redesigned jewelry line. I'm a firm believe in keeping at it until you find something that really works. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment! I am always happy to hear feedback or answer any questions :)

Popular Posts